Dr. Dawn Lei is a board certified in Allergy and Immunology, who treats children and adults.
Dr. Lei prides herself in providing state-of-the-art treatment for individuals suffering from a broad spectrum of allergies and immunology related diseases. Her primary focus is providing quality care with compassion. She treats every patient with a rash, headache, cough, or sneeze just as she would a member of her own family.
Friends and patients describe Dr. Lei as a hard-working, down-to-earth, friendly, approachable individual with a great sense of humor, and a passion for helping others. She is a native Midwesterner, when not working enjoys reading! She is married, and the proud mother of two exceptional children.
Dr. Lei is also well versed in working with patient’s suffering with food allergy and conducts food testing with challenges, allergic rhinitis, asthma, urticaria (hives), chronic sinusitis, eosinophilic esophagitis, medication allergy, immune system disorders, and angioedema (swelling). She treats patients with Xolair, Nucala, Fasenra, Dupixent and is very familiar with the new biologics coming to market.
- 2017 Winning Research Abstract Poster Presentation at Society of General
- Internal Medicine New England Spring Regional Meeting
- 2015 American Medical Women’s Association Glasgow-Rubin Memorial
- Achievement Citation, University of Illinois College of Medicine
- 2015 Excellence in Family Medicine Award, U of I College of Medicine
- 2014 Alpha Omega Alpha
- 2014 Winning Clinical Vignette at U of I College of Medicine Research Forum
- 2010 Chancellor’s Student Service and Leadership Award, UIC
- 2007 1st Degree Black Belt
- Board Certifications:
- Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Done at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Clinical Fellow in Medical, Harvard Medical School
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Biological Sciences