Priya Bansal MD
Dr. Priya Bansal grew up in the Chicagoland area. She attended a six-year BS/MD program with Penn State University and Thomas Jefferson Medical School. She completed residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at University of Illinois in Chicago and was board certified in both specialties. She then went on to complete her Allergy and Immunology fellowship at Rush University Medical Center and is board certified.
Dr. Bansal is active in her specialty with both cutting edge treatment and in past and active leadership positions. She was past president for the Illinois Society of Allergy and is currently the RSLAAIS governor for the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. She also is Chairperson of the Health Informatics, Technology, and Education Committee. On top of her leadership positions she still finds time to volunteer and advocate for educating the members of the community on a variety of allergy, asthma, and immunology topics.
A firm belief in using a comprehensive approach to her patients is what places her at the top of her field in both treatment and patient satisfaction. Each piece of a patient’s past and present illness or symptoms are a part of the whole, bigger picture, the goal is to get the patient feeling like themselves again. She specializes in novel, innovative therapeutics with food allergy, allergic rhinitis, asthma, urticaria (hives), chronic sinusitis, eosinophilic esophagitis, medication allergy, immune system disorders, and angioedema (swelling). She also treats patients with Aspirin Exacerbated Respiratory Disease (AERD) via a procedure to desensitize aspirin to reduce sinus infections and asthma exacerbations. She treats patients with Xolair, Nucala, and is very familiar with the new biologics coming to market.
Her hobbies including reading and tennis. Most of her time away from work, she spends shuttling her 2 children from 1 activity to another. She also fits in time to chase her dog as well…..shhhhh- don’t tell the allergist/immunologist!
You can follow Dr. Bansal on twitter @AllergyGal1 for new updates in the field of allergy and immunology!
- RSLAAIS Governor for the AAAAI
- Chairperson of the HITE (Health, Informatics, Technology, and Education) Committee of the AAAAI
- Practice Management Committee Member of the AAAAI
- Practice Management Workshop Committee Member of the AAAAI
- Past President and current CME/Nominating Committee Member
- Physician Well-Being Committee Member of Amita Health
- Board Certifications:
- Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Done at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- University of Illinois – College of Medicine
- Chief Residency at Internal Medicine -Pediatrics Program